h1. ENX Core Documentation
This version is available since Wed, 2008/09/17.
ENX structure¶ENX is designed in 3 distincts parts:
- A SOAP interface (accessible through Web application or console)
- ENX core
- Drivers with specific code
Main evolution is the integration of ENX V2.8 in DCOD framework!
Drivers¶In ENX terminology, you have two terms:
- Driver : The "code file" to use. This driver can be static or dynamic.
- Static Driver : The driver is hard coded and compiled with ENX.
- Dynamic Driver : The driver is a dynamic library and can be compiled independantly. This driver can be added, removed from ENX application dynamically.
- Device : The instanciation of the driver. You can have many instanciations of the same driver.
ENX driver creation¶
To use a dynamic driver, you need to:
- Have an existing driver -> Creating dynamic plugins or Creating static plugins
- Have a running ENX server
- Load the driver in the ENX server -> Control list
- Create the device in the ENX server -> Control list