Southern Array Layout Optimisation¶
- Configuration: number of telescopes per telescope type
- Layout: position of telescopes belonging to a given configuration
- Beta configuration: the configuration we are going to build during the Construction phase.
- SST Configuration: 30 and 40 SSTs as the two most realistic extreme scenarios for the SST sub-arrays
- MST Configuration: 13 MSTs. The number of MSTs is not fixed yet. We would expect it to lie between 13 and 15 but for the purpose of this exercise we can neglect that difference.
- 2 MST Layout per configuration
- 4 SST Layouts per configuration with increasing spacing
We propose to simplify one step further and consider only the 13+40 configuration with 1 MST layout (M5) and 3 SST layouts (C3 - C5 - D1a)
The ROOT file containing the performance parameters curves - differential energy sensitivity, background rate, angular resolution, energy resolution on-axis and 3-4 deg off-axis and for 50 hr and 30' of observation - can be found here:
Layout impact on different science cases¶
Here we create a list of science cases - each connected to its page that can be filled by people